I set about putting the house back to normal this morning. Its yearly ritual of 1st week of December get the decorations and the tree out, set the house up as if its a cheap 70’s Christmas card and then the 2nd of January take them down again. Speaking to people I think its the same in most British households who celebrate the mostly Pagan event. (it would seem feedback from followers and readers suggest that everyone does different days but basically the same)
The Loft/Attic (literally and metaphorically)
The loft in most British homes is a storage area. Now whilst I was up in the loft/Attic I discovered things that I knew, things I never knew we owned, things we had forgot about, and things that I wish we had forgot! Its all up there!!
Things in my loft/Attic
- Clothes which I promised I would fit back in (next year)
- About 11 bags ?? Yes I am a straight married man but I love laptop bags and suitcases!!
- Kids baby equipment !! @xandercs adn @nattynoonoo are not Babies now but still its there waiting for what I don’t know!
- An Old Guitar! (from the owners before us)
- JigSaws, and board games
- Laptop parts and printers
We all have lofts either literal in houses or metaphorical in our minds and maybe just perhaps one weekend soon a clearing out of the loft is a worthy task. We can all do with clearing out the dark corners of our house and the dark corners in our mind! its therapeutic, its useful and it needs doing, trust me.. We may discover who we were or in the future what we could become!